Beach treasure: Massive helmet shell found on Harkers Island
Helmet shells on the shore are usually about the size of a fist, the Cape Lookout National Seashore's Facebook page said, but a "jackpot" of a shell was about four times the size.Continue reading ...
The last Posts from "WRAL"
- Man shot in southeast Durham
- Tool made in Triangle detects date rape drugs
- Construction worker remains in hospital following Durham gas explosion
- Campbell medical school trying to fill gaps in rural health care
- Durham police: 'STAYUMBL' driver believes everyone else trying to run her off road
- Legislative newsroom becomes hideout for lawmakers
- Veterinarians in NC join fight against opioids
- Two Apex students win cooking competition
- Harnett woman and her young daughter killed after head-on collision with big rig
- Raleigh to limit number of guests, rooms Airbnb hosts can have
- Man dies, days after rescue from rough surf at Emerald Isle
- Raleigh man charged with shooting into car in Hillsborough with infant inside
- Hillsborough teacher quits after threat to shoot up school
- Guilty plea expected from man charged with helping Russian try to bribe Homeland Security agent
- Raleigh's first cat cafe finds home
- Proposed Raleigh budget holds line on taxes
- Cape Lookout invites stargazers to summer astronomy nights
- Wake Forest: A home to women in tech
- Raleigh woman reported missing in Nash County
- Five Wake detention officers hurt in scuffle with female inmate
The headlines of News BreaK
The St. Louis Blues are in the 2019 Stanley Cup Final and we're just as...
The Blues' season appeared to be over before games started on Jan. 3; the team was in last place in the NHL. On March 29, they clinched a playoff spot, and on May 21 they...
VIDEO: Wild chase of stolen RV ends with injuries in Los Angeles
The RV crashed into several cars and a palm tree.
'Elated': Homeless valedictorian accepted into more than 40 colleges
A homeless student went above and beyond his goal of getting $1 million in scholarships from colleges.
Alabama TV station calls airing same-sex cartoon wedding on 'Arthur' a...
“I never thought I'd be going to battle for a gay rat wedding, but here we are," said a mom who was disappointed by the Alabama public station's decision.
APNewsBreak: Theme park to star ‘Hunger Games,' ‘Twilight'
LOS ANGELES - Some of Lionsgate's most popular film franchises from “Hunger Games” to “Twilight” will be brought to life when the studio opens what it calls the world's first...
Big question for EU vote: How well will the far-right do?
BRUSSELS - The European Parliament elections that start Thursday have never been so hotly anticipated, with many predicting that this year's ballot will mark a coming-of-age...
Bruins, Blues meet in Stanley Cup Final 49 years in making
Seeing the famous photo of Bobby Orr scoring the 1970 Stanley Cup-winning goal to beat his St. Louis Blues doesn't bring back bad memories for Scotty Bowman.
Raptors steamroll Bucks to even Eastern Conference finals
TORONTO - Kyle Lowry scored 25 points, Kawhi Leonard had 19 and the Toronto Raptors beat the Milwaukee Bucks 120-102 on Tuesday night to even the Eastern Conference finals at...
Taiwan navy holds drill amid China tensions
HUALIEN, Taiwan - Taiwan's navy has held a major live-firing exercise off the island's east coast in an area increasingly threatened by Chinese ships and planes. Wednesday's...
India's Election Commission rejects ballot tampering claims
NEW DELHI - India's Election Commission has rejected opposition fears of possible tampering of electronic voting machines ahead of Thursday's vote-counting to determine the...